hen you... retire, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 May 24
BALTIMORE -- Dealing with the powerful Baltimore Orioles lineup was easy for Scott Kazmir compared to keeping his aching back in working order. Cheap Vapormax White . Kazmir took a no-hitter into the seventh, and by the start of the eighth inning he could pitch no longer. After he left, Cleveland quickly fell behind. Fortunately for the Indians, they scored two ninth-inning runs off Jim Johnson to pull out a 4-3 victory Wednesday night. A leadoff double in the seventh by Manny Machado was the only hit allowed by Kazmir, who gave up one unearned run and one walk in seven innings. He came out to the mound for the eighth but left with back spasms before throwing a pitch. "He was fighting them for probably three innings," Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. It was a tough way for Kazmir to end a night in which he pitched magnificently. "Its something thats just more frustrating and irritating than anything," the left-hander said. "The start of the third inning, it seemed like it started tightening up quite a bit. The later innings it got a lot harder." Kazmir was perfect for four innings and retired 18 of the first 19 Baltimore batters. After Machado singled in the seventh, a wild pickoff attempt by Kazmir preceded a sacrifice fly by Chris Davis. And then, in the eighth, he was gone. Baltimore promptly scored twice against Joe Smith (4-0) to take a 3-2 lead, but the Indians rallied against Johnson (2-6) in the ninth. After Michael Brantley drew a leadoff walk, Jason Giambi hit his 400th career double. An intentional walk loaded the bases for Lonnie Chisenhall, who hit into a run-scoring fielders choice. Drew Stubbs also hit into a fielders choice to bring home pinch-runner Mike Aviles and chase Johnson. "I leave a ball up to Giambi on the next pitch after the four-pitch walk," Johnson said. "Now youve got second and third and you have to walk the next guy. So you have bases loaded and nobody out. It doesnt get much worse. At that point, Im trying to limit the damage, Im trying to worry about each individual pitch. I came real close to keeping it tied. But obviously I dug myself my own hole." Vinnie Pestano worked the ninth for his fifth save. "This was one of those games where it wouldve been just a killer loss and ends up being a great win," Francona said. Jason Kipnis homered for the Indians, who improved to 2-34 when trailing after eight innings. "I was happy the way our offence came out versus Johnson," Kipnis said. "We knew it was his third day in a row; he wasnt going to have his best stuff, hopefully." In the Baltimore eighth, an infield hit by J.J. Hardy, a walk to Chris Dickerson and a single by Alexi Casilla loaded the bases with one out for Nick Markakis, who drove in a run by hitting into a fielders choice. Machado then lined an RBI single off the left-field wall for a 3-2 lead. Johnson, who had given up only one run in his previous 14 appearances, couldnt make the margin stand up. It was his fifth blown save. "Jimmys been solid for us," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "Hes a rock." The start of the game was delayed 66 minutes by rain, and both pitchers seized control from the outset. Jason Hammel retired the first 10 batters he faced and Kazmir was perfect through four innings. Activated from the disabled list before the game, Clevelands Asdrubal Cabrera became the first player to reach base when he was hit by a pitch in the fourth. Kipnis followed with his 11th home run, the second in two nights, for a 2-0 lead. Kazmir officially retired the first 13 batters before issuing a four-pitch walk to Matt Wieters in the fifth, although replays showed a sliding Machado beat out a fourth-inning grounder despite being called out by first base umpire Will Little. The Indians put runners at the corners with two outs in the fifth before Hammel retired Michael Bourn on a grounder. In the Cleveland seventh, Stubbs looked at a third strike with two outs and runners on second and third. NOTES: To make room for Cabrera on the roster, Cleveland designated infielder John McDonald for assignment. ... Orioles pitching prospect Dylan Bundy will undergo elbow ligament-replacement surgery Thursday in Florida. ... Clevelands Corey Kluber will bring a three-game winning streak to the mound Thursday night in the finale of the series. Miguel Gonzalez will pitch for Baltimore. ... Kipnis has reached safely in 28 consecutive games. ... The Indians expect to activate closer Chris Perez (shoulder) from the disabled list on Thursday. Nike Vapormax Discount . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Air Max Plus Tn Wholesale . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. http://www.cheapairmaxplusclearance.com/ . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Sandeep Patil, Indias former chairman of selectors, has said there were lots of discussions around the future of MS Dhonis limited-overs captaincy around the time he retired from Test cricket in December 2014. Dhonis unexpected exit from the longest format mid-way through Indias Test series in Australia came as a shock Patil said, but he was happy that Dhoni decided to move on when he realised his mental and physical fitness were not up to scratch.Patil, whose four-year term as chief selector ended today, said his panel deliberated making a leadership change in ODIs then, but eventually decided not to keeping in mind the 2015 World Cup was only a couple of months away at the time. Absolutely [Dhonis captaincy was under threat]. There were lots of discussions that happened regarding that, [and] its not like they happened once, they happened a lot, Patil told ABP News. There was discussion about his one-day captaincy, there were discussions on his finishing…But we selected him because… a time had come, the World Cup had come - [if] you try before the World Cup giving a new player the captaincy seat, [you should] give him a good run. But that opportunity didnt come to the selectors. We didnt have enough time to experiment.Dhoni, who still captains India in ODIs and T20s, had announced his retirement shortly after the Boxing Day Test ended in Melbourne, with the team trailing 2-0 after three matches with one to play. Patil said that Australian tour was a tough one for the team and Dhonis decision was sudden, but he was best placed to decide on his future. I wouldnt want to say… that it was a sinking ship, but it was a tough series. Our players had to face quite a few difficulties there, the performance wasnt quite right, save for Virat Kohli.In such a situation, for a senior player to take this decision - to suddenly take this decision - was shocking. There was a lot of discussion even among us [selectors], How did this happen?But it was his decision. What the player is thinking and understands… his body, his thinking, his fitness, only he can decide on all those things. Selectors cant decide that. I feel that Dhoni understood this and took the right decision at the right time.Patil said the selectors did ask Dhoni about the timing of his retirement when the panel next met to select an ODI squad. But, in the end, the decision was a selfless one, he said. [Since it was mid-way through a series], we questioned him and his response was that this is the level of contribution that should be coming from me to the team, when that wasnt happening, then I myself felt that I should be out. Very few players can take a decision like that. Very few players can think like that. Everyonne generally thinks I should play more, let me play one more series, let me play for another year…The other big retirement Patils panel had to deal with was even more high-profile: the retirement of Sachin Tendulkar. Cheap Air Max Plus Sale. Patil recollected the precise moment he first had a chat with Tendulkar about his plans for the future, in December 2012. Patil said Tendulkar made the decision to quit ODIs after he and fellow selector Rajinder Hans had that chat with him during the Nagpur Test against England. The selectors, Patil said, did not force anything on Tendulkar.I remember, it was a Test match in Nagpur, December, 2012. After Sachin got out that was when we, the selectors, decided that we will go to Sachin and ask him what his intention is. And that was a job I did, because I was the chairman, and Hans paaji was also with me, and we spoke to him to know what he had in mind.We have never told any player, let it be Sachin Tendulkar or any other player, that is enough, now we are going to drop you. We wanted to ask whats the plan in your mind. [And] Sachin wanted to focus more on Test cricket. So when we spoke - and it was quite an open discussion - he decided that he will retire from one-day cricket and, in front of me, he called Sanjay Jagdale, who was the [BCCI] secretary then. He himself said I dont want to play one-day cricket now. I felt that was a very good thing what Sachin did.Tendulkars Test retirement came a year later, following a farewell series against West Indies in November 2013.Former India opener Virender Sehwag, who had previously told ESPNcricinfo that he was hurt the manner in which the selectors dropped him in 2013, more recently said it would have been nice if the selectors had offered him a farewell Test as well. Patil said while he empathised with the players, it was not their right to ask for a farewell match. If you decide that everybody should get a farewell, then it becomes wrong. And this decision is not the players, its the BCCIs. I can understand how it feels, because I too have come through that phase. You talk of Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar... The farewell that Sachin got, that was different.But, perhaps, after that, the expectation went up among the rest that I too should get one. But it didnt happen, and they felt unhappy, became annoyed. And I understand why they became displeased, but the sport is such that when you... retire, many things come out; many things that you shouldnt say, you end up saying, and later there is repentance. But we dont place much importance on these things. ' ' ' 
Share:

Forum Topics

Joel Simson
Looking at an tutorial manual? Not a way. glass... More
Joel Simson 24 minutes ago
LAM
SALT LAKE CITY -- Justin Herbert hit Darren... More
LAM 6 hours ago
LAM
Odell Beckham Jr. nike vapormax plus greece .... More
LAM 6 hours ago
LAM