ect tradition but also perform in the present, be adaptiv | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM
LAM Jun 12
CLEVELAND -- Even hours after Miguel Cabrera hit one of those home runs that define legends, the Tigers were still celebrating. Derek Jeter Jersey Large . And in awe. As they ate their postgame meals, Detroits players watched the clubhouse TVs, where a highlight of Cabreras two-run shot off rookie Danny Salazar in the eighth inning helped send them to a 6-5 win in 14 over the Cleveland Indians. When the ball left Cabreras bat disappeared into the sky, all the Tigers roared -- just as they did in the dugout. "He hit a massive home run," Torii Hunter said. "Thats why were here." Prince Fielder hit a two-run double in the 14th inning as the Tigers won their 11th straight and increased their lead in the AL Central to six games over the Indians, who may have left Salazar in for one too many pitches. After the Tigers put two runners on against Bryan Shaw (2-3), Fielder lined his double off Marc Rzepczynski into the gap as the Tigers beat the Indians for the 11th time in 12 games and improved to 12-3 against their nearest division rival. Jeremy Bonderman (2-3) pitched three innings in his first appearance for the Tigers since Oct. 1, 2010. Joaquin Benoit gave up a two-out RBI double to Michael Bourn and wild pitch before striking out Drew Stubbs with the tying run at third for his 14th save. Detroits winning streak is its longest since winning 12 in a row in 2011, and the Tigers can match that run with a win on Thursday when Max Scherzer tries to become baseballs first 17-game winner. A four-game sweep of the Indians wouldnt even be possible if not for Cabreras two-out homer -- a shot the Indians may remember for months. Making his second major league start, Salazar pitched brilliantly -- he struck out 10 in 7 2-3 innings -- but made one major mistake and Cabrera made him pay. With Detroit trailing 3-2, the slugger belted Salazars first pitch over the centre-field wall for his 33rd homer -- a 449-foot, no-doubt-about-it shot. Cabreras homer came after Hunter singled, but Indians manager Terry Francona decided to stick with the 23-year-old, who had struck out Cabrera in his first three at-bats. "If you strike Miguel Cabrera out three times, hes not going to want a fourth," Hunter said. "Hes going to make adjustments." Franconas choice to let Salazar pitch to Cabrera backfired. The Indians wanted to see what the right-hander in heat of the playoff chase and he delivered an electrifying performance with one unforgiveable glitch, a fastball down the middle of the plate that Cabrera nearly hit onto East 9th Street. After Cabrera rounded the bases, Francona went out and replaced Salazar, who received a thunderous ovation from appreciative Cleveland fans. Francona said he never considered taking Salazar out. "He was throwing about as well as you could," Francona said. "That would have been his last hitter, but to that point I would have had a hard time justifying having him not pitch. Thats how good I thought he was. I think he just left one over the middle. He didnt locate it." Salazar tried to throw another fastball past Cabrera, but the reigning Triple Crown winner was ready for it. "I got him a couple times with my fastball, so I was going to try it again. I left it in the middle and he hit it," Salazar said. "If you throw outside or inside to him it doesnt matter. Hes a great hitter, the best right now. He just hit that pitch really good." Austin Jackson hit a solo homer in the sixth for Detroit, now 24-7 since July 2. Regrouping after Cabreras dramatic shot, the Indians tied it 4-4 in the eighth on an RBI groundout by Gomes. The Indians had given Salazar a 3-2 lead in the seventh on Nick Swishers RBI double. Before Cabreras majestic, towering homer, Salazar had stifled the ALs top hitting team and showed poise beyond his years. With Corey Kluber out for at least one month -- and possibly longer -- with a sprained right middle finger, Salazar will fill the vacant spot in Clevelands rotation. He may stay there for a while. The Indians pushed back Ubaldo Jimenez so Salazar could face the Tigers, who were wary of his velocity and their lack of exposure to him. "That kid was really something special," Leyland said. "Its not very often that Im in the dugout saying, holy crap. But tonight, that was impressive. Man, he was throwing easy 98, 99, easy. That was pretty nasty." Salazar gave up a run in the second, but settled in and retired nine in a row before Jackson led off the sixth with his eighth homer to tie it 2-2. Salazar, though, was unfazed. He retired Hunter on a groundout, struck out Cabrera for the third time -- on a 100 mph fastball -- and popped up Fielder. Salazar was in trouble in the seventh, and again showed composure, stranding a runner at third. After his dazzling debut on July 11, when he took a no-hitter into the sixth against Toronto, the Indians were convinced Salazar was ready for a bigger test, and theres few bigger than the Tigers. If the kid was nervous, he certainly didnt show it. "He says the one place in the world hes most relaxed is on the mound," Francona said, "and thats what it looks like." NOTES: A former starter, Bondermans win was his first in his 215th career appearance. ... Cabrera, who picked up his 100th RBI on Tuesday, is just the sixth player in history to reach 100 RBIs in 10 consecutive seasons. He joined an elite list that includes Jimmie Foxx, Lou Gehrig, Alex Rodriguez, Al Simmons and Albert Pujols. Hes also the second Tigers player to drive in at least 100 runs in six straight seasons, joining Harry Heilmann, who did it seven straight times from 1923-29. ... The Indians signed utilityman Ryan Raburn to a two-year, $4.85 million contract with a team option in 2016. Raburn could have tested the free agent market after this season, but the Indians locked him and may approach others for new deals, including starter Scott Kazmir. ... Tigers RHP Bruce Rondon unleashed several 103 mph fastballs in the eighth. Cheap Yankees Jerseys . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Yankees Jerseys China . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/ .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Gregor Townsend has been named as Vern Cotters successor as Scotland head coach.The Scottish Rugby Union has announced that the Glasgow head coach will take over in June 2017, when Cotters contract expires.SRU chief executive Mark Dodson said: Gregors abilities as a head coach are evident and he is increasingly becoming one of the most sought-after coaches in the game.Townsend has impressed since taking charge of Glasgow in 2012, after a three-year stint as an assistant coach with the national team.The 43-year-old has led Warriors to the Guinness Pro12 playoffs in each of his four seasons in charge and guided them to their first title in 2015, winning the playoffs after topping the table.The 82-times capped international said: I am incredibly proud to take on the Scotland head coach role at the end of the season.It is a real honour to be given the responsibility of coaching the national team and I look forward to working with such an impressive group of players.Id like to thank Scottish Rugby for this opportunity and also the supporters, players and staff at Glasgow Warriors for their support over the past four years. My focus is firmly on the season ahead with Glasgow and I will be doing all I can to help the club continue to progress this year.Cotter almost took Scotland into the World Cup semifinals last year but was denied by a controversial late penalty against Australia. Scotland went on to win two games in the Six Nations earlier this year but the SRU has decided that Townsend is the man to take them forward after next years Six Nations.Dodson added: I have been charged with developing Scottish coaches and believe the time is now right to secure Gregors talents, as we build towards the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.Vern Cotter has made a considerable impact on the development of the Scotland national side during his tenure. His rugby philosophy of setting high standards with a big emphasis on skill development has had a positive effect throughout Scottish rugby.He has heelped instil self-belief, determination and put a lot of pride into the jersey for players and fans alike and for this, both myself, and Scottish Rugby would like to thank him for this significant contribution to the game in Scotland. Custom Yankees Jerseys. We will continue to work with Vern in the season ahead as we are both determined to have a successful autumn test series and 2017 RBS 6 Nations.He has worked to bring out the best in our Scottish players and secured some notable victories along the way. No-one will forget our Rugby World Cup 2015 journey as Vern led the team to the quarter-finals and so nearly a semi-final.However the board and I now believe the time is right to take the development of the national team forward with Gregor.Gregors playing record as a Scotland internationalist and British Lion showed he is a man of vision and great professionalism, which he has since successfully transferred into his coaching roles, firstly with Scotland and subsequently Glasgow Warriors.It is these factors which I feel will enable Scotland to continue its forward momentum, building on the strong foundations laid by Vern, with the current group of players and future Scotland internationals.Cotter took over in May 2014 and led Scotland to two Test wins over Argentina plus an encouraging World Cup display, but only two wins in 10 Six Nations matches so far.The 54-year-old said: Since taking up this role I believe we have moved forward as a group by working to execute the simple things well. Developing skillsets and mindsets has been important to help perform on the international stage.The focus has been to respect tradition but also perform in the present, be adaptive and innovative. I have been really pleased with the progress that has been made in all areas.I intend to remain focused on the upcoming Autumn Internationals and remaining Scotland matches in 2017. ' ' ' 
Share:

Forum Topics

tulika jain
https://giniarya.tumblr.com/post/187813892081/t... More
tulika jain 3 minutes ago
zemesangel
驗樓報告 -... More
zemesangel 21 minutes ago
Joel Simson
Looking at an tutorial manual? Not a way. glass... More
Joel Simson 54 minutes ago
LAM